I'm lost inside my head...... The thoughts of the upcoming court hearing is MAKING ME CRAZY!
The what ifs are flowing like a mad river through my mind! I sit and reassure Todd that "Everything will workout," God knows what he's doing," "Think positive," and "Try not to think about it." I tell him all of those things, but... Am I not listening to myself??? These things are coming from my mouth and I can hear the words, yet I can't follow my own advice! SAD!
I sit down to the computer and I google; "Help from God for Worry and Anxiety"
I find 4 reasons Not to worry......
1) Worry accomplishes absolutely Nothing!
they reference;
Matthew 6:27-29
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don't work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. (NLT)
My thoughts about this scripture...
NO Worrying doesn't add to my life at all......
The lilies of the field? Well they always look like they are happy, smiling and dancing in the wind!
Hummmmm I think.
2) Worry is NOT Good for You!
they reference
Proverbs 12:25
Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up. (NLT)
My thoughts about this scripture....
Worrying does weigh me down! I makes my heart heavy and my chest tight!
So I continue reading
3)Worrying is the OPPOSITE of TRUSTING God!
they reference
Matthew 6:30
And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? (NLT)
My thoughts on this scripture.....
Can we say OUCH! That hit me right in the gut! It's so very true! If God cares for wildflowers then he DEFENTLY cares for me and my Family!
Why do I have so little Faith??
I don't know why I seam to have little faith!
Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ.
My thoughts on this scripture.....
So... every time I start to worry I should stop and pray??
I want God's peace for me and Todd!
4) Worry puts focus in the wrong Direction!
They reference
Matthew 6:25
That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life-whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing? (NLT)
My thoughts about the scriptureYes there is more to life than those things!
Matthew 6:31-33
So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. (NLT)
My thoughts about this scripture..."God already knows what we need!" Worrying makes me an unbeliever! Seek God above all else!!!!
1 Peter 5:7
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. (NLT)
My thoughts about this scripture...
God does care for me!!!! So I need to just keep giving every worry to him!
After reading all of that her is my conclusion....
God Loves me!
God wants me to seek him above everything else!
God wants me to not worry, but to pray about it and give it to him!
God cares for me and as long as I continue to seek him and his Kingdome He will take care of my needs!
My Prayer.....
"God, I want what ever you feel is best for me and my life! I know you care and Love me! I don't want to worry about things! I want you to take my worries and help me to stop wasting my time and energy on unhealthy thoughts! Please help me to be more positive and anytime I feel like I'm about to loose myself in my worried thinking that I will always look to you for help! Thank you for all that you have done and all that you will do in my future!"
AMEN!