Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Customers 1st!

I will do almost anything for my customers! I will work late, early, sick, and even Consider Changing my WEDDING DATE for them! Yes you read that right...... Change My Wedding Date!!!
 
Here's how it went down...
Todd and I couldn't agree on a wedding date! So we picked 6 dates we liked and put them in a bag and drew! Yep Ladies and gentlemen that's how we came up with our wedding date! I know it's silly, but it worked. When I said the date May 2nd I just liked it, but for some reason it sounded familiar to me. Well long story short that's the date that was drawn...... May 2nd! I was so excited!!!
When I seen my best friend Kay I told her the good news!
She said "well I hope you don't have the same problem Aaron and I have every year on our anniversary!"
 "What?" I asked
She said "Aaron and I got married on May 7th..... remember? Now we have a hard time celebrating our anniversary because of Prom! London's Prom is almost always the 1st Saturday of May!"
WHAT???? NO!!!!
Ok at this point I feel like being sick! How can I get married on the same day as Prom??
I have 3 customers who will be Seniors this year!!! I can't let them down! Plus to make matters worse We planned to get married at 2:30 in the afternoon!
So I called London High school and asked when their Prom was scheduled for...
The lady on the phone was CLUELESS!!! "I'm not for sure, but every other year it's been the 1st Saturday of May." She tells me.
 
So for the next Month or so I kept thinking about How my customers will be upset and they will have to go somewhere else to get their hair done. Plus my best friend would have to loose out on a lot of money to do my hair and attend my wedding! What kind of a friend would I be if I did that to her and hurt their income!
 
I felt horrible! I told one of the ladies at work "I know I said I wouldn't change the date of the wedding again (because I had don't it a million times, before we drew out of the bag? LOL), but I might have to! I can't tell my seniors..... "So Sorry, but you will have to go somewhere else for your prom updo because I'm getting married that day and also I cant refer you to my friend because she more than likely wont be able to work that day either!" I'm going to have to talk to Todd and see if he will let me change it!"
 
I was worried also about saying anything to Todd because I like to drove him crazy deciding on a date to began with!
"Babe, I'm worried about getting married on the same day as London's Prom! I have 3 customers who will be seniors his year and they will be so upset if I'm not able to do their hair! Plus I don't feel right asking Kay to miss out on that kind of money just for me!"
Todd being the kind, sweet, loving and understanding man that he is (hint that's why I'm marrying him!) says "Baby if you need to change the date due to Prom, then just do it! I'm fine with whatever you decide!"
He's the BEST I know!
 
In 2 weeks is homecoming. One of my Seniors Mom's called me to make her daughters hair appointment. I was driving and didn't have my book, so she has to call me back.
I thought to myself.....
Wonder if the lady at LHS was wrong about the date of Prom? She did sound CLUELESS!
So I called LHS and asked again! This time a student answered the phone! She wasn't for sure so she put me on hold to ask. She returned with "Prom is on April 25th!"
"HALLELUJAH!!!"
Wow what a relief!
Just to cover all my bases I called MP High School and checked on the date of their Prom too
"April 25th she said"
Wow I'm going to be sooooooo busy on April 25th, but at least I won't have to tell my customers "NO!"
 
 
See I would even change the date of my wedding for my customers!
Well and for my Best Friends Customers!
All because I Love Them!!!
 
God has truly Blessed me and there for I will try to Bless others!