Forgiveness is not something easily given! I have a Very hard time forgiving when I have been hurt! Make me angry..... I can get over that quickly, but Hurt my Feelings....... That can take days, weeks, months, sometimes even YEARS!
I don't like carrying around these dark feelings! I'm not one for revenge on someone who has wronged me..... At one time in my life I might have.....But NOT NOW!
I want to have a peace within my heart and a love for people!
"How do I get there" I ask myself???
The only way I know is to see what God's word tells me about forgiving!
Why should I forgive?
Matthew 6:14-15 NIV
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Colossians 3:13 NIV
Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
Ephesians 4:31-32 NIV
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
Ok so I must forgive because
1) God will forgive as long as I forgive!
2) God always forgives me when I have messed up!
3) The key is to get rid of all hard feelings against others just like Christ forgave me!
God is such a loving, caring, understanding and forgiving God!
How many times do I have to forgive someone?
Matthew 18: 21-22 NIV
Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times? “Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.”
How many?
EVERY TIME!
No matter how many times someone wrongs me I must forgive every single time!
What might lead me to forgive?
1 corinthians 13:4 - 6 NIV
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
LOVE
You MUST Love!
What is the priority in Forgiving?
Matthew 5:23-24 NIV
“Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.”
Priority
Reconciliation!
Things that go along with forgiveness?
Luke 6:37 NIV
Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Also
DO NOT JUDGE
DO NOT CONDEMN
FORGIVE
Are you perfect and never do any wrong?
John 8:7 NIV
When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her.”
Perfect???
No ONE is without sin!
No ONE is perfect but Christ himself!
What would Jesus say?
Luke 23:33-34 NIV
When they came to a place called the Skull, there they crucified him, along with the criminals – one on his right, the other on his left, Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Jesus....
Forgave and asked for forgiveness for all the sinners from God!
JESUS DIED FOR OUR SINS TO BE FORGIVEN!
Luke 17:3-4 NIV
So watch yourselves. “If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents forgive him. If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says , ‘I repent,’ forgive him.”
If someone asks for forgiveness what does Jesus tell us to do???
FORGIVE HIM!!!
What should I do to get rid of these hard feelings?
Bottom line.....
*Forgive because God forgives!
*Forgive EVERY TIME
*LOVE everyone for God loves everyone!
*Do Not Judge or Condemn others , just forgive!
*Unless you are sinless don't expect others to be!
*We are only human! God is the only thing Perfect!
** Jesus DIED for ALL SINS and ALL SINNERS!
Lord,
Teach me and show me how to
Forgive anyone that I feel has wronged me Every time, not just when I feel like it!
Open my heart to above all else LOVE people the way you do!
Help me Not to Judge & Condemn others, but to forgive them!
I'm not without sin and help me not to hold others at a higher standard than I do myself.
Thank you for giving me humility to know when I'm wrong and your word to find the answers.
Let me continue to be Broken, for you to mold and make me into the person you created me to be.
Thank you for being a Loving, Caring and Forgiving God!
Most of all Lord, Thank you for giving your Only Son to Die for all sins of this world!
In Your Holy Name I Pray,
Amen
Listen to this song!



